Sunday 15 March 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHY ALL THE TREES CHANGE IN THE FALL.

i'm five years old it's getting cold out i've got my big coat on
i hear your laugh and look up smilin' at you
i run and run past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides
look now, the sky is gold
i hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home
i don't know why all the trees change in the fall
but i know you're not scared of anything at all
don't know if snow white's house is near or far away
but i know i had the best day with you today
i'm 13 now and don't know how
my friends could be so mean
i come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
and we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
and we talk and window shop 'til i've forgotten all their names
i don't know who i'm gonna talk to now at school
but i know i'm laughin' on the car ride home with you
don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
but i know i had the best day with you today
i have an excellent father his strengh is making me stronger
god smiles on my little brother inside and out he's better than nothin'
i grew up in a pretty house and i had space to run
and i had the best days with you
there is a video i found from back when i was three
you set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talkin' to me
it's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarves
my daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world
now i know why the all the trees change in the fall
i know you were on my side
even when i was wrong
and i love you for giving me your eyes
staying back and watching me shine
and i didn't know if you knew
so i'm takin' this chance to say
i had the best day with you
today

3 comments:

  1. Very nice I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song too.
    Taylor Swift rocks (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it inside and out he's better than I am ?

    ReplyDelete